Wednesday, April 30, 2014

The following are questions I was asked about my research.


What draws you to your topic?


This topic was most intriguing to me because it has been an ongoing Issue for almost a century. I became curious as to why this conflict has been existent for such a long time. Also, I have friends from both Israel and Palestine and they have shared their opinions on this conflict to me previously which made me interested to be informed with the actual situation so I can form my own opinion. Furthermore, It was upsetting to me that I didn't have much knowledge on such an important geopolitical event and wanted to do research so I would be informed of the history, who has been affected by it, and which countries have involved themselves into this conflict. Lastly, I was drawn to this topic to figure out if there was a solution that even existed since peace hasn't been made since the birth of this conflict. 

Do you care about your research?


My research was very informative and I very much so care about it. I’ve been researching for about four months now and have attained a much greater understanding on this conflict. The amount of knowledge I obtained has opened my eyes to many things. My research originally started with a bunch of articles finding similar ideas the media portrayed about this conflict. From there, I moved on to more scholarly sources such as books and journal entries.This is where I learned that the media can misguide their audience to have an understand that they want them to have. Overall Ive put in a lot of time and effort digging deep into this conflict understanding the root and current issue and to say I care about it is an understatement.

Do you care about this project that it has the potential to change peoples view on your geopolitical situation?


After all my research my goal is now for people that do not have much knowledge like myself to get a better understanding about the geopolitical event. There is a lot of information that I was unaware of prior to my research and it changed my view on this conflict, so I believe this should be noticed by the public as well because this conflict is very serious and dates back very far and the amount of innocent lives which have been affected due to the violence that this conflict arrises is unfair and  It should not be looked over. I hope with my project people will change their view and will realize its not okay for this conflict to still exist. There needs to be a lot more effort to find a solution to this horrific conflict and to finally make peace, but it all begins with the public and outside influence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment